Saturday, March 20, 2010

Passover Sneak Peek


Just having a small Passover dinner with Mom, Dad, & Grandma next week.  I am going to do the cooking (probably enlisting Mom & Dad as sous chefs).  I decided to make a few changes to the traditional meal.  Since my brother won't be up north for Passover, there is little reason to serve Gefilte Fish this year - I only enjoyed it as a vehicle for large amounts of horseradish (eating it with a spoon isn't normally acceptable).  I haven't tossed out the fish course all together, just tweaked it a little.

Here is the menu for our Passover Seder

Chicken Soup with Sephardic Matzoh Balls
Poached Tuna in Endive Cups with Horseradish Aioli
Moroccan Orange Salad
Le Daube Provençal De Boeuf Brisket
Coriander Ginger Orange Chicken
Tzimmes
Roasted Asparagus
French Macarons
Lemon Meringue Pie

I am also going to try to make Passover Gnocchi to serve the Frenched up brisket over.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

What are you making for your Springtime Holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment